Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Alice Sneak Peek

It's starting to come together! Monday was a publishing deadline and I'm not quite finished with all of my painting for my newest party theme -Alice in Wonderland.

I had planned a huge photo shoot with 6 kids and my entire party set up, flamingo croquet and kids in costume but since I had a deadline, I scaled it down.
This is my dear little friend, Kylee. She just turned 6 last week and I think she makes the perfect Alice!


She had just finished a long, hard day at Kindergarten, but she agreed to do some modeling for me. Of course, I did buy her lunch at McDonald's and we ate it in my daughter's playhouse. I really know how to treat my employees well!


The whole shoot took about 10 minutes. Kylee was a great model.
I told her about my plans for the BIG photo shoot and maybe we could have it on Sunday
but I had a Princess party to host as well that day.


"You can do it" she reassured me. "Am I coming to the Princess party, too?"
What a sweet potato!
The first picture is what I am using for the ad.
I'll let you know how it turns out!




9 comments:

michelle said...

That is fabulous! I can't wait to see more :)

Tristan Robin said...

that is incredible!

what kid could resist?

I wanna be the caterpillar!

Allidink said...

That is soooo cute! How fun!!

All the best,
Allison

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

How adorable!!

amy & lisa said...

Very nice!! :)

Polka Dot Moon said...

You are AMAZING!! I'm blown away!

Can't wait to see the rest :)
Denise

The Vintage Rabbit said...

I love it!!

you are soo talented!!1 I always enjoy visitng your blog!!!


have a Great Day!

Smiles, Joy~

dana said...

Donna, that is just darling!! I know that party theme will be a huge hit. Your model was darling AND do economical!! :)

OK, you beat me in the "who's got the oldest plastic lawn/patio furniture"---by at least 5 years!! I'm impressed and YES we can call it vintage!

Dana

Natalia said...

Oh Donna, it looks FABULOUS! Great Job. Do you think it's okay for a 30something year old to have a Mad tea party ;-)