Friday, August 12, 2011

Beach Subway Art

 I was inspired to make this subway art for my front porch by Gallamore West. I had a frame that wasn't in the best of shape so I spray painted it white and cut some 1/4" plywood for the base of the art. I bought 1 yard of burlap from WalMart for 2.97 but didn't use all of it since the frame area was 26X20. I attached the fabric to the plywood with spray adhesive then I used freezer paper with 3 different cartridges for my Cricut. I used different font sizes and placed them on the board and then ironed the paper on. I used acrylic paint (the blue was brighter than I thought it would dry). I painted a couple of phrases and then peeled off the paper before it dried.
 I put the names of beaches on it that the whole family visited. There were a couple that I couldn't fit but that's ok.
 Then I made 2 little buntings out of the same fabrics that I used for the pillows and wreaths. This little project cost less than $5 so the TOTAL for the porch re-do was $22.
I just laid the second bunting across the linen pillow. I'm sure I will attach it later ;)

Good thing I got it done this week...school starts next Wednesday.

10 comments:

t said...

Super cute porch redo! Of course, I'm a sucker for anything beachy. Subway art is so much fun, so versatile and so popular right now. I've been doing lots of Uppercase Living vinyl designs with that motif. None ever comes out like another.

Joanne Kennedy said...

How darling! Your front porch has turned into a darling room that you could spend hours and hours enjoying.

We don't start school here until Sept.

How is your party planning business going?

Unknown said...

so cute & fun!

www.gallamorewest.com said...

I LOVE it!!! It looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing it with me :)
Have a great weekend!
Laurie @ Gallamore West

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Sooo cute! I love your porch and how you change it over for the seasons! And I LOVE Santa Barbara especially because my parents live there and have for almost 40 years.

You asked about my chickens and if they are doing well in the heat. They are doing great. Breed for heat like this. Bless their hearts. I do spoil them with yogurt and watermelon!

Continue to have a wonderful summer Donna!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Completely Coastal said...

Love the art... and how it's framed!! Got to find those lovely wreaths on your blog..., assuming you featured them previously. Love them too!

The Single Nester said...

Really lovely. I wonder how I could make this since I don't have a circut and my freehand ain't that good.

Kim @ Too Much Time said...

This is so cute. I love the fonts you chose and the blue on burlap is super cool.I would love for you to come link up at my party this weekend!

http://kim-toomuchtimeonmyhands.blogspot.com/2011/12/get-schooled-saturday-4.html

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

I adore your front porch!

Unknown said...

LOVE subway art and your porch is adorable! I'm your newest follower from tatertots and jello-stop by for a visit!!