Saturday, November 29, 2008

Pink Saturday on Universal City Walk

Last Saturday night, we celebrated Sheridan's birthday by going out to our new favorite eatery-Bubba Gump's. It is a place based on the Shrimp Company in the movie Forrest Gump. Everywhere you look, there are touches of Forrest. Sheridan thought we would be driving back up to Monterey (4 hours away) until I told her there was one only 1/2 hour away on Universal City Walk. Universal City Walk is right next to Universal Studios where they filmed Back to the Future, ET, Backdraft, Jaws and Desperate Housewives. The City Walk is Hollywood's version of Vegas. Lots of "over the top" lights and entertainment.
The bench in front of Bubba Gump's is the bus stop bench where Forrest tells his story along with his shoes, suitcase and box of chocolates. This is Lt. Dan's shirt and bandana from the movie.
If you need something from your server, just flip over the licence plate to read "Stop Forrest, Stop" and they will come by.
The kids meals are served in boats that look like the "Jenny"
Sheridan had to dance for her sundae while the rest of the family sat quietly for their chocolate chip cookie sundae. I just don't know where Sheridan gets this "need to perform" :)
After dinner, we checked out a few of the shops. This is the Hello Kitty section in Sparky's.
Now you know you're in Hollywood!
I LOVE Barbie!!

More Barbies!
"I Love Lucy" section.
Giant Pez

Fun places to shop!
Balloon Guy
Dancing fountains-the temp was about 72 that night!

Hard Rock Cafe
Thanks for visiting...check out more pinkness at Beverly's!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That place is darling! You guys have the neatest spots to visit! I really enjoyed reading this post, Donna---I didn't know so many movies were filmed there!

I would've danced for that dessert, too, but certainly no one would have been clapping!

Sheridan certainly had some great celebrations this year!!

I loved your Christmas tradition you mentioned on my post just now--:)

Have a great Pink Sat. and I hope you're feeling better! Dana

bj said...

Wow...what a delightful pink posting. Thanks for sharing...

LvPoohBr2 said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I love Universal City Walk. Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna.

What a wonderful place to celebrate. I love it all, and of course I would love the restaurant. Yum, shrimp.

Glennis said...

What fun you must have had! I love to go exciting places with kids and see it through their eyes.

have a great weekend.

Jorgelina said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna!!!
What a wonderful place to celebrate, "I Love Lucy" .

Vintage To Chic said...

looks like you have a great dsy celebrating,
Hugs,
Judy

Cottage Rose said...

What a beautiful party you have put together. Your daughter and all her sweet little friends look so adorable. Every thing looks so pretty in pink. Happy Pink Saturday.

Hugs;
Alaura

ps; A very late Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter.

said...

What a fun place to celebrate a birthday!

Joanne Kennedy said...

I have not been to Universal City Walk for about a year now. I love to go there. I love to go to Universal Studios. I used to have a year pass there and would go often with my nephew when he was younger. I have a lot of good memories there.

I've never been to eat at that resturant though. Looks like a lot of fun!

Hugs,
Joanne

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

oh boy.. I better not let my kids see this post of yours.. otherwise.. they too wanted me to bring them to these places.. hehehehehe.. Happy Pink Saturday! looks like you have a wonderful birthday celebration!.. I love Bubba Gump's.. we have one here in my country too!..

JudyBug said...

What a fun place to go! I enjoyed Pink Saturday!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I haven't been to Universal Studios in ages...I didn't know they had a City Walk....oh my I must get out more.....I loved allll your fabulous pictures....Great post !!!!
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

This was such a great posting..and I really enjoyed it. Happy late Pink Saturday..and have a lovely week.

Ellen said...

Thank you for inviting me to the party. Happy Birthday Sheridan.:)EllenL

Joanne Kennedy said...

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know you won my giveaway of the vintage tea cup & saucer and tea bag holder. Please email me your address so I can get this out to you. Congrats!

Hugs,
Joanne

Pink Slippers said...

What cuties! I love your blog. I have an award waiting for you over on my blog.
Wendy

The Muse said...

Here is a lovely Christmas prose...
"The Unexpected Gift"
I hope it helps you treasure your family this season...
(it is my latest work)

http://www.jlomowriter.blogspot.com/

Thank you and many blessings...I really am happy to have found your blog :) Cool shots! What fun!

KatCollects said...

I hope you had a great weekend!
Kathy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun time! You will all have those great memories forever. It was almost like being there. Those onion rings. wow.
xo Lidy