Monday, March 8, 2010

American Girl Felicity Party

I hosted my first American Girl Felicity party at the Tea Gardens on Saturday. I made the colorful banner that hung above the tea table and the sashes for the chairs.
The table was set with lace tablecloths, mismatched china and silver mint julep cups filled with fresh flowers and colonial flags.

As the guests arrived, they were given mob caps to wear and played a game of Clothespin Drop.

During the party, I taught the girls how to sew an apron and the language of the fan. The guests had a great time learning a traditional dance called "The Hat Dance".

To improve their posture, they balanced books on their heads. I was happy to teach the girls how to be "proper young ladies" and give them skills that they will use in the future. After the party, the birthday girl's father told me that this party was much better than the American Girl store. What an amazing compliment! I really look forward to hosting more of these special parties.

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

So many cute ideas

Unknown said...

i love the hats, love the fans, love the flags as table centerpieces...the old fashioned china and lace....what a fabulous party! thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Another fabulous party! They look like they're having a blast!!

Rachel said...

Your ideas are very inspiring! I left you a blog award over at my place... come and get it :)

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

What a fun idea! We haven't gotten into American Girl Doll things yet, but it's just a matter of time:-)

Pink Slippers said...

You are amazing and creative.

Anonymous said...

I was obsessed with Felicity and Samantha as a kid, so this is a dream party for me! You did a wonderful job and I love how well you captured the time period in the details.

Melissa Lester said...

What a wonderful party! I look forward to sharing American Girl fun with my daughters as they grow. I'll keep your ideas in mind, for sure!

Brenda said...

Fabulous party! I love the little Colonial details!

Courtney said...

it's such a sweet idea for a party. I love it!

Rebecca said...

LOVE American Girl's Felicity and I LOVE this party! What a great idea!!:)