Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mad Tea Party

To celebrate the opening of the Alice in Wonderland movie, Risa, The ParteaPlanner, hosted a mad tea party at Disneyland Friday night. I was a very small co-host who brought the paper lanterns with battery operated tea lights, the Cheshire cat and centerpieces.
Risa brought the entire tea spread of scones, cookies, cake, tea and lemonade with "Drink Me" tags on the glass bottle.
Guests wore tea hats and went on a scavenger hunt in Disneyland. "Alice" buttons were hidden all over the park and clues were given via iPhone.
After the tea party and scavenger hunt, some of us attended the screening of "Alice in Wonderland" in Downtown Disney. It was a great movie!
It's 1:30 am, do we look tired?
Thank you Risa for the invitation! We had a blast!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like so much fun!!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Could there have been a cooler "Alice" party....I think not! What fun!!!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Wow! Now that looks like it was a great time!

Hugs,
Joanne

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

So cute, and i LOVE those lanterns!

Cari @ Socially Circled said...

How fun!!!

Pampered Princess Parteas said...

Now this is THE way I would have loooved celebrating the opening of AIW!!! How awesome is that, that you all got to celebrate @ the best place possible?! Love it...looooooove it!!!
On my personal fb page I've posted pics of my daughter and I at the opening here in AZ. I colored my hair orange in honor of the Mad Hatter himself.
Anyway...you and Risa will always be my partea inspirations. You have that Disney love that connects us...at least that's how I feel.
Sorry...I'm rambling.
Props to you both!
Hugs,
Sher

Enchanted Expectations said...

Wow looks like fun. Those lanterns are to die for!

Shelley@Divine Party Concepts said...

Looks great and I love the lanterns!

dana said...

What FUN!! How I wished I lived near you....that would have been a blast! I haven't seen the movie, yet, but Bonnie and I are going this week. I've been too tied up with my spring sale..and it was a great one!

An Abby Cadaby Party, huh? My grand girl dressed up as Abby for Halloween when she was two...she still loves the character. Abby carries a cute little magic wand..maybe you gals could hand some out to the little guests. Maybe not....that could get dangerous! :)

I love watching what you're up to on FB. I don't post much on that..I can't even keep up with my blog!

Have a great weekend.....L, Dana