Saturday, August 2, 2008

New Dodger!

I was born and raised in LA and my grandfather shot 8mm film of Dodger Stadium being built. You could say I bleed Dodger Blue! I LOVE the Dodgers! I was at Game 1 of the 1988 World Series when Kirk Gibson hit his game winning home run and limped around the bases. So I can't tell you how excited I was when the Dodgers FINALLY made a killer trade..Manny Ramirez from the Boston Red Sox. Let me back up a little...


In June, I bid on an auction to win Field level tickets to a Dodger game and a chance to go on the field during Hollywood Stars game and get an autograph from a celebrity. Unfortunately, my CAR had other ideas. I had a dead battery and it turned out to be a bad alternator Any hoo..

I called the guy in charge of the event and told him that I couldn't make it. He said he would make it up to me with different game tickets and VIP passes to watch batting practice. Much better deal!

This week I took him up on his offer. Turns out, the day I picked is the debut of Manny Ramirez and our tickets just happen to be right in front of him in left field!

The kids loved the batting practice and cheering on our new Dodger. Sheridan was just happy that she got a batting helmet full of popcorn :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

I haven't followed the Dodgers since Tommy Lasorda is no longer managing the team, but I sure remember Kurt Gibson's home run....My parents had wonderful season's tickets at their spring training facility in Vero Beach for many years and I loved watching spring training so I can feel your excitement! Great memories for your family.

Pink Slippers said...

I grew up in Santa Monica so when I was lil my parents always took me and my siblings. I just liked going to eat hot dogs, peanuts and malt ice cream. I have great memories.