Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Tea

This week's assignment from Gracious Hospital-i-tea Blog-a-thon:

April 27 - May 3 The White, Green, Black, and Herb of Tea Tell about your favorite tea. How do you prepare it and serve it? Milk and sugar? Plain? What are some of your best memories of serving or sipping on this tea? Share a picture if you can. Tell the health benefits of the tea(s) you prefer. Where do you purchase your tea? Is there someplace you enjoying purchasing tea from? Who from and where?

I just love to drink tea, more importantly I like the ceremony behind tea. When I drink it in the morning or afternoon, there is something special about it. I can't really say that about any other beverage that I drink on a daily basis.


I love hosting tea parties for my girlfriends so that we can try different teas. In the fall, our favorite was Autumn Orange Spice and when I host my Jane Austen theme tea parties, I serve a black tea from the Jane Austen Centre in Bath, England.


In the spring, Strawberry Kiwi and Rose Tree Cottage Pasadena Rose (made from the roses off of the Pasadena Rose Parade floats) go quite well with scones. Of course, my ol' morning standard is Earl Grey.


I have lately been brewing some Lipton Green tea with Mandarin Orange flavor to have iced with my lunch. Quite yummy!


Thanks for peeking at my blog! Go to Gracious Hospital-i-tea Blog-a-thon to see more ideas with tea.

11 comments:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

I feel the same way you do about tea time! You worded it so well!
Your blog is beautiful, can't wait to read more!

Katherine

ellen b. said...

Love your creativity around your tea party ideas.

Millie said...

The green tea sounds good!
Millie

La Tea Dah said...

Great post! THANK YOU!

LaTeaDah

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Thanks for the recipe, sounds so yummy!

Katherine

Kathy said...

The scones sound wonderful!.....Kathy

Bonita said...

You host Jane Austen theme parties? I want to come!!! I found your blog via the tea-a-thon and I can't wait until I have more time to come back and peruse everything!

Steph said...

What a lovely photo!

Grace said...

beautiful post, well said

Vee said...

There is even a bit of ceremony about tea here in my home. I've never thought of it like that before, but I won't be able to enjoy tea this afternoon without thinking of it. The cherry cardaman scones sound heavenly!

Anonymous said...

I loved your post. Your tea parties are absolutely amazing. I can see where you have put a lot of thought into them. What great ideas. I hope your friends appreciate how blessed and fortunate they are to be invited to them. Thanks for sharing.