Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thirsty?

On Sunday afternoon, in the 95 degree heat, my kids and I hosted a lemonade stand.
We offered lemonade (of course), lemon cupcakes with chocolate frosting, brownies and sugar cookies. We had friends stop by and kids enjoyed receiving "tips" from appreciative customers.
I used the adorable Lemonade Stand kit from Paper & Cake to impress the neighbors. They really seemed to enjoy the straw tags. When the kids handed over the glass of lemonade and they saw the straw tag, the kids got a tip.

I did have them wear $5 aprons that I purchased at Smart n' Final but Chasen took his off :(

Here is Skyler and Molly enjoying our drive up service.

I'm sure we will have another stand before the end of summer. By Tuesday, it is supposed to be 102 (but it is always hotter) but the weekend should cool off to the mid 80s (fingers crossed!).
Have a great week and stay cool!

7 comments:

amy & lisa said...

I would have definatly stopped at your lemonade stand! Looks yummy and refreshing!

Karin said...

I love the drive thru service!!! I want to stop by a lemonade stand that serves cupcakes!!

Joanne Kennedy said...

How cute! Love this idea. So just what does a glass of lemonade and a cupcake cost these days?

Rach said...

Super cute!!

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

Joanne, we charged .50 for each item. There were 2 sugar cookies per bag, everything else was a single.

Where My Heart Is said...

My kids did a lemonade stand once but it was never as swish as this one. Absolutely gorgeous!

Maggie Lamarre said...

very pretty luv the idea...
Don’t forget to add it to our linking party for our readers to discover your blog at

http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/06/2011-4th-of-july-celebration-menu-from.html
Maggie
http://passionatelyartistic.com