Monday, June 24, 2013

Grad Party

 My oldest son graduated from high school this year and had a double career path in business and computers so I wanted to celebrate  his accomplishments!
 It was an Open House dessert party so it was very casual as people stopped by to congratulate him and wish him well. I bought the famous tea cakes from Martino's Bakery in Burbank. When I was little, ALL of my birthday cakes came from Martino's!
 I also made cake pops and the dessert signs are made from clipboards from the Dollar Tree and I just Mod Podged coordinating paper onto it.
 These great sparkler candles are from Fancy Flours.

 For the drinks, I served lemonade and water served in mason jars. Guests were able to write their name on a mini chalkboard label.

 For the centerpieces, I just covered Matt's beloved Harry Potter books in brown kraft paper and tied with baker's twine.

 I also made the tassels for the 36" balloons. I had made about a 4' length of tassels but they weighed down the balloon too much!

 I made a paper lantern chandelier out of different size lanterns and paper poms.

 I got all of the great printables from Amanda's Parties To Go.
 I also used the printables to decorate a card box from Oriental Trading.

 Matthew and his special guest- Miss Sharie, his preschool teacher!
It was nice to celebrate a happy occasion since my mom died on Memorial day after a 4 year battle with ovarian cancer, Matt graduated the next day and then his party was on Saturday. I'm glad I got a lot of the ordering and decor done the week before.


Anonymous said...

Your party was styled beautifully. So sorry to hear about your mother.

Geeky Crafty said...

Beautiful party as usual. So very sorry to her about your mother.

sulee @PhD by Publication said...

I love all of these different selections that you presented for your guests. Everything looks great. The color scheme was gorgeous. I am so glad to hear that the graduation party went well.

rental party jumpers said...

Pretty party ideas, an unforgettable experience.

Bath Castle said...

I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here. Thanks for sharing us a great information that is actually helpful. Good day!
wedding palace venues
wedding locations india
wedding locations india

sherlina halim said...

Pengen yang lebih seru ...
Ayo kunjungi
Buktikan sendiri ..

Real Play = Real Money

- Bonus Promo Red Card pertandingan manapun .
- Bonus Mixparlay .
- Bonus Tangkasnet setiap hari .
- New Produk Sabung Ayam ( minimal bet sangat ringan ) .
- Referal 5 + 1 % ( seumur hidup ) .
- Cash Back up to 10 % .
- Bonus Royalty Rewards setiap bulan .

Untuk Informasi lebih jelasnya silahkan hubungi CS kami :
- YM :
- WHATSAPP : +63 905 213 7234
- WECHAT : asianbet_77
- SMS CENTER : +63 905 209 8162
- PIN BB : 2B4BB06A / 28339A41

Salam Admin ,

Download Disini