Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tinkerbell Party


I hosted a Tinkerbell party on Saturday for a client in Brentwood. The birthday girl was 3 and she had 15 guests to help her celebrate. I set up the table under a trellis so it was nice and shady. The tablesettings consisted of petalled placemats, pink 10' plates, doily, and then a Tinkerbell 6" plate. I made the butterfly napkin rings and each child had a ceramic tea cup and shared a tea pot filled with lemonade.
I bought fairies from the Disney store from the Tinkerbell movie and scattered giant roses and fairy dust across the table. The favors consisted of rock candy on a stick, butterfly hairclip and butterfly bubbles with Swarovski crystal and ribbon.

I provided flower filled tutus, pixie wings and headpieces.

The party was located in a different part of this gigantic property, so I decorated shepard hooks to guide the guests back to the party site.

Tinkerbell came to the party to entertain the kids with magic, games and a wand making craft.


The kids loved the tea party and had such wonderful manners!

Before the party started and the guests arrived, one of the grandmas said the table was beautiful and she was going to take a picture with her "terrible camera". I told her that I had camera problems last week when I went to a signing with Julie Andrews. She then went on to tell me that Julie Andrews lives across the street from the party site! I about fell over.

Too bad she wasn't invited to the party! But the birthday girl's older sister and I were singing Jolly Holiday after that. :)

It was such a lovely party.

19 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

A fairytale of a party. Another fabulous job Donna!

Enchanted Expectations said...

Great Job. I love all of the details

designdazzle.blogspot.com said...

The party turned out beautiful as always! Love the Julie Andrews comment:)
I'll be linking....

Lori said...

Absolutely stunning! The table was glorious!! Lori

dana said...

What a beautiful party...and the little guests looked so happy to be a part of it! Of course, you know I loved every little detail you added to make the event perfect!!!

Hope you're having a great Labor Day! L, Dana

Unknown said...

Absolutely adorable-love your tablescape & all the magical touches!

Ingrid said...

This is adorable! I love all of the fabulous details. Great job!

Shelley@divinepartyconcepts said...

Everything looks wonderful and colorful!

Marcy said...

Your Tinkerbell party is spectacular (like all your parties)! We had a Peter Pan party this weekend for a couple of one-year-olds. Our little home-made party doesn't compare to the galas you put on :) but maybe you will enjoy some pictures from our little get together!
walterfamilywhimsy.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

You've outdone yourself again! I wish you lived closer so I could have you plan my daughter's fairy party next month!

Did you hang out in front of the house a little while hoping to catch a glimpse of Julie?

Anonymous said...

Cute job~
And the Tink was from SEND IN THE CLOWNS! www.sendintheclownsla.com
310.399.3733

Brenda said...

Hi Donna!

I'm dying to know where you found your pink mushroom & petal placemats????

Thanks, Brenda

Painted Preppy said...

Just adorable, love it!

Melissa Lester said...

That party looks beautiful! With all that fairy dust floating around, I wouldn't be surprised if you get to meet Julie Andrews -- or even plan a party for her!

Callie K. said...

Donna- You have such a great vision! Would you be willing to share your source for the flower filled tutus, pixie wings and headpieces from your Tinkerbell party? Would love to find some for my daughter's upcoming 4th birthday party in AZ. Thanks!

Katie said...

What a magical time, I love the tablscape the placemats alone are super fun. You did a great job and there's a chance this is the way my daughter is leaning for her next party. So thank you for all the inspiration:)

Kendra@My Insanity said...

Any little girl's heaven, I'm sure!

KidsPartyFavors said...

Very colorful! Tinkerbell Party Favors are very cute.

Anonymous said...

May I ask where you got the tea cups for the kids?