Sunday, January 2, 2011

My home, so far...

 When I was thinking of New Year's resolutions, I thought about the things I didn't finish in 2010. I started to redecorate my family room and kitchen. Last Spring, I held a garage sale to sell off my old decor of Waverly Old Country Roses, barn red, cream and sage to make way for my bright and white Cath Kidston inspired decor.
 Resolution #1: Paint kitchen cabinets white.
 Resolution #2: Sew new floral curtains for the kitchen
 Resolution #3: Make slipcovers for the kitchen chairs
 Resolution #4: Make new shade covers for the chandelier and paint mantle.
 Resolution #5: Make more pillow for the new sectional.
I'm not sure if these are resolutions or a big "to do" list. I supposed the one resolution is- Finish projects that I started. I hope to be showing you more of my finished projects in the upcoming months. What are some of your resolutions?

7 comments:

dana said...

I loved looking at your photos on FB this morning. I think you accomplished a lot last year, Donna. Much more than I!!

I just started a 2011 Plan List for : the house and one for ME!! :)

I need to organize and CLEAN out stuff....holding a big g.sale in the spring is my goal. I am also planning on getting back to my running. I've slacked since Nov 21....the cold weather doesn't help right now. However, my niece and I are looking at doing a 10 K in April. If that's gonna happen for me, I'd better start working on it!! :)

Have a great January 2nd......L, Dana

Karin said...

I love the red with that shade of blue!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Love the blue! I went with that color for my bedroom and bathroom. We are so alike :)

Can't wait to see all your finished projects.

Rach said...

So lovely and cozy. Love all the natural light.

Unknown said...

love your corner windows in your kitchen nook-perfect spot for built in bench/banquette with lots of pillows with your kitchen table!

Belly Feathers said...

Your house is so cute as is!!! It looks particularly warm decorated for Christmas.

Anna said...

Hey Donna! I love the new look of the downstairs. It made me realize it's been a long time since I've been by.