Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Halloween Raven Porch

 This last weekend, I worked on my Halloween decor for my front porch. It's funny, a few years ago before blogs and Facebook, I was perfectly content using the same decor year after year, adding a few pieces every now and then. Since I have been exposed to SO many amazing ideas from you amazing people who are so generous to share your ideas, I am FORCED to come up with new decor that is also easy on my wallet. :) So this year's theme is Edgar Allen Poe/The Raven theme.
 Last month for my beach theme, you may recognize the white frame. I swapped the burlap subway sign for a home made chalkboard and added a quote from the famous poem.
 I made the raven wreaths from some fabric I found at WalMart. I made the rosettes from scrap fabrics and the black eyelash yarn and feathers are from JoAnn's and the ravens were 50% off at Rite Aid so they were only $1.50 each.
 The flower on the checked pillow is made from book pages that I got at The Dollar Tree. I punched the pages with a 2" scalloped punch, aged the edges with scrapbook ink and then glued it to a circle of cardboard. Another blog idea.
 Since I cut the chalkboard wood a tiny bit smaller than the frame opening, I added gingham piping to the edges. Of course, I learned how to use my piping sewing attachment from a blog...thank you!
My doorbell is a bit hard to find since it is tucked behind the bench a little bit so I made a sign for people to find it easier. I got the plain wood frame from the Dollar Tree and painted it with Krylon Glitter Blast paint...so cool! Yes, I found out about it from several blogs. Again, thank you! I used my Cricut and Storybook cartridge to cut the letters and swirl.
I made the bench dust ruffle from and old sheet and I have a few more things to add but I needed instant gratification in posting it now. Check back for some new additions next week!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

looks SPOOKTACULAR!! I love how you always change your theme!

Lindy@Itsy Bitsy Paper said...

Really nice! I would love for you to link up to my Wickedly Creative Halloween Ideas Party.
www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

Unknown said...

I adore this porch! How creative is this? Fantastic! Would love if you would link these up to the Scatter Girls' Fall Front Porch Party going on now: http://scattergirls.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-porch-linky-party.html

Katie said...

Ummm this is awesome! New follower of yours from Scatter Girls.

Roberta Giovaneli said...

Hello!!
I mentioned you in my blog, cause everything you do is wonderful and sweet, I hope you enjoy.
a hug,
Roberta

http://www.docesinspiracoesporrobertagiovaneli.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

Your porch looks amazing! What is the fantastic color of red paint you have on your doors?