Monday, November 28, 2011

Lil Light 'O Mine

My kids are now 17, 13 and 11. Sheridan is still hanging on for dear life of believing in Santa which means the big Christmas morning extravaganzas will soon be coming to an end in our home. Over the last few years, I have noticed that the kid's gifts have gotten smaller but more expensive which makes for a pitiful pile under the tree.
This year will be different. I asked my oldest what he wanted for Christmas and he said "Nothing". Great! Now, do you think I can convince your brother and sister with the same idea? Probably not. But this has offered up a wonderful oppurtunity for our family to give gifts to our community instead of ourselves. It does seem that a lot of people need lifting up these days and small things seem to make such an impact. Just giving a unsung hero some recognition goes a long way.
I stumbled across this wonderful post via a friend from Facebook and it has all the tools and fun printables that this ADHD girl needs to make a lot of people smile this season.
Please check out this post if you would like to pay it forward.

1 comment:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Have not heard from you in some time and I thought I would check in to make sure you are ok. Not like you to be gone for so long but I know it's also a busy time of year.

Hope all is well and you have a wonderful Christmas.