Friday, September 12, 2008

Pink Princess Saturday

I just love being a children's party planner! I had the pleasure of hosting a Princess party in Pacific Palisades last Saturday for an adorable 4 year old. Of course, everything is PINK! I made the sign that hangs on the "Royal Wardrobe" rack. It was a plain wooden oval that I painted pink and transferred the lettering with pencil. Then I used a gold paint pen to fill it in. Finishing it off with a white boa!
I did the pink rose flower arrangements. The roses are from Costco and they wouldn't open. I placed them in hot water and they opened in time for the tea party.
I swagged the pink tablecloth overlay with safety pins and the pink napkins are being held with mini tiara napkin rings that I made out of real mini tiaras. I just pulled the attached comb part off and bended in the ends to make a ring.
The girls enjoyed the coronation ceremony where we read their names, who is their favorite princess, what they want to be when they grow up, favorite activity, etc. Then they receive a pearl necklace, a tiara and a flashing star scepter. We play glass slipper relay, castle ring toss but their favorite game was princess Bingo. After every Bingo, they get to pick "earrings" from Cinderella's jewelry box.

Please visit all of the other fabulous postings at How Sweet the Sound. Please check out my website at www.partywishesscv.com
Happy Pink Saturday!

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, and wow again! What a beautiful table you set, and all the little added goodies of tiaras and such. You are very talented!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Oh, how I would love to be invited to a pink princess party! What fun!

Unknown said...

Ooooooooh, a princess party, what a gorgeous setting. those roses are gorgeous. This party looks wonderful for grown-up princesses too. Happy Pink Saturday. Karen

Grandma Faith said...

You have inspired me. I think I need to have a princess party for my girlfriends. We may be old, but we still think we are princesses. Have a happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Karen, this party looks delightful enough for the adult Princesses in you life.
You have a best ideas---I know you are a terrific party planner. The party attendees are so lucky to receive your special touch!
I'm glad you liked the helpful denture decorating hints! I knew some dental folk would get a kick out of it (ssshhhh, don't tell anyone, but my dh is a dentist). He isn't impressed with my blogging endeavors, but he did snicker when I showed him the treat bowl!
Have a happy Pink Sat! Dana

Katie said...

So lovely! What fabulous touches you come up with! Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

What a great job to have, I'm sure you ejoy it. You do a wonderful job, everything looks absolutly beautiful.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia

Glennis said...

Those were some happy little girls, I bet!

SmilingSally said...

Perfect Princess Pink Party!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Donna. That party had to be the party of dreams. Everything looks beautiful - perfect. What a wonderful memory you made.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Pink Slippers said...

Hey My parents live in Pac. Pal. and I grew up there. Even went to Pali high. Your party looks so CUTE. What a great idea they are all wearing their gowns. Wendy

Anonymous said...

What a lovely, perfect party. The table is lovely. The roses are beautiful unopened. Very lucky little girls. Happy Pink Saturday.

Tricia said...

You are so creative. I know the little girls felt like princess'. Happy Pink Satufday

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wowwieeeeeee.. I too wanna be kids like them! i love pink princess party! so much fun! thanks for sharing.. I'll be coming back for more balloons.. hehehehe

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Oh My goodness Donna! What an adorable Princess party! Now I know why you LOVE your business! Thanks for sharing such a PINKness party! Ahh, to be a little girl again!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Susan Hickam said...

Now that looks like fun! Love the pink cabinet door and the peonies too!

Gabriela said...

Happy Belated Pink Saturday!

A PINK Princess Party! Fantastic!
I love all the details.

~ Gabriela ~

Anonymous said...

What a sweet blog you have!! You are so talented!! I'll be back for more eye candy!

Smiles,
Joy
The Vintage Rabbit

KatCollects said...

Beautiful party!
Kathy

Kendra@My Insanity said...

So lovely! What a great job you have! I'm a children's party planner, too...only I don't get paid to do it. :-/ Hmm. Maybe I should do something about that!

Those girls must have felt like they were really princesses!

Jorgelina said...

Hi!!
That party had to be the party of dreams.
So lovely!
Hugs