Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chocolate Chip Scones

I had some left over whipping cream so I figured I should use it and not waste so I made some scones. My youngest son just started liking them so I made it for an afternoon treat for him (and me-truth be told!). I got the scone mix from Iveta and they are just delicious! They have many different mixes to chose from and they have an Apple Tart recipe I am dying to try.
It's super easy...just pour the mix in a bowl and add 3/4 c. whipping cream. Don't overmix!

The recipe says to put in a pie plate and score into 8 pieces but I like to cut them individually so I get 9 or 10 scones.

Then I like to brush the tops with cream and sprinkle with raw sugar. For Halloween, I would sprinkle orange sugar or for a fairy tea, it would be pink sugar.

I bake them for 15 min. or until slightly brown. There's nothing worse than a scone that reseambles a rock! Cool on a rack.

There...all ready for my little man to come home from school and do his homework with a smile on his face!

I even wrapped up a couple for our fabulous crossing guard, Miss Ruby. She said she was just thinking that she wanted something sweet! Bake some love for some one today!


Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh delish! I just love scones!

Is that a "Barley Twist Pedestal" I see?

April said...

These look fantastic!

Pink Slippers said...

I love anything with Heavy whipping cream. YUMMY! Wendy

Joanne Kennedy said...

Those are the best scone mixes. I love that brand. How nice of you to wrap them up and share them.

I do the individual ones too. But I don't bother with rolling them out and cutting them. I just do mounds of the dough. Each one is a little different but all in all they come out about the same.