Sunday, June 20, 2010

How to Train Your Dragon Party

On Saturday, I hosted a dragon party in Beverly hills. The tables were set with dragon skin placemats, orange charger plates, dragon dessert plates, flaming cauldrons, dragon coins, Viking ship and hooks.
It was a repeat client that I was happy to make a custom party theme for. It was a very warm and sunny day and I had lots of games planned out on the marble courtyard. (Ignore the fallen hooks. Some girls were playing with them and didn't put them back "correctly". LOL)

When the guests arrived, they could get a custom glitter tattoo. Some of the kids kept going back and by the end of the party, their bodies were covered in glittered artwork. I handed out Viking helmets and had different mustache styles to choose from.
The guests were put through rigorous dragon slaying training. We started off with an obstacle course and then Dragon, Dragon, Night Fury (duck, duck, goose) followed by target practice with bow and arrows. The training ended with some tug o' war. Their reward for training so hard was to stuff their own dragons to take home.
The canvas favor bags also included volcano putty and an inflatable sword and sheild.
Thanks so much to the Robert Rey family for allowing me to host their son's birthday party. Hailey has already booked me for Sydney's party in December again.




These boy party ideas were also featured on Spaceships and Laser Beams.
It will look like this:
- See more at: http://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/blog/2013/03/party-central/boy-party-ideas-add-yours-03-05-23#sthash.d1FHZH8o.dpuf

8 comments:

Unknown said...

what a fun party!!

Unknown said...

too cute! I love the dragon slaying and the mustaches! lol... (loved the movie too!)

Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
party inspiration

Rach said...

Awesome. Love the "viking!"

designdazzle.blogspot.com said...

You rock!! Your ideas are fabulous as always : )

Joanne Kennedy said...

Very cute theme. Love the mustache photo!

So how did you meet Dr. Rey? You can advertise that you are now a "Celebrity Party Planner" :)

Hugs,
Joanne

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

I met Dr. Rey last December when I hosted his daughter's Spa party. His MIL found me on the internet! I LOVE technology!
Haley asked me to host Sydney's party again this year.
Haley is very sweet and Dr. Rey is exactly how he is on TV. Hie see through shirt threw me for a loop!

Traacy said...

Great Job! I love that it is "themed" just enough. Thanks for sharing :)

Cheryl @ http://partydreamers.blogspot.com said...

Hi Donna, I love your ideas. I must confess I have borrowed an idea or two. Check out my blog; http://partydreamers.blogspot.com You are an inspiration and have brought out my creativity that I have stuffed away for quite some time. We did the Alice In Wonderland, Mad Hatter Tea Party a couple weeks back. We also did a Princess Tea Party. We are doing a gymnastics party in two weeks. I am going to turn this into a business for myself. I Love It. Thanks for inspiring me.