Wednesday, June 23, 2010

National Fairy Day

June 24th is National Fairy Day! Did you know that? Sheridan and I have been friends of fairies for many years. We have read the Fairy Houses series many times. (Fairy Houses, Fairy Boat and Fairy Flight)
Sheridan and I go on nature walks to collect items to build our own fairy house. We always follow the rules of the forest to keep the building to code. Never pick living plants or flowers, don't use unnatural things i.e.- jewelry, bottle caps, etc. and only use things found on the ground.

After we build our fairy house, we celebrate with a fairy tea party out in the garden. The next day, there always seems to be some golden mushrooms that spring up near the fairy house. That is how we know that the fairies have been to the house and leave us a little thank you.

I love this self contained fairy garden I found on etsy.

This is a miniature fairy table set. Too cute! I hope you will do something to celebrate fairy day! Please come back to let me know what you have done. A link to pictures is always fun, too.
Happy Fairy Day!
There are a few more days to enter my 300th post giveaway.



7 comments:

Lori said...

I am a fairy lover too. Like your idea of a party.

Shelley@DivinePartyConcepts said...

Love the fairy house! How much fun!

STRAWBERRY FIELDS said...

I am a huge fan of fairies as my daughter has evolved with fairies as she has grown-up.Here is a party I did in celebration a few years ago!

http://izzie1999.phanfare.com/3268881

I made all the tutus and headbands myself!
Nicole

STRAWBERRY FIELDS said...

I also did one last year for my pre-teen
More for the big girls!
Fairy hunting society!

http://izzie1999.phanfare.com/4216458

I made fairy dictionaries, hunting bags with supplies and t-shirts.Fun!!!
enjoy
Nicole

Wendy Aspinall said...

I love fairies, but don't have a cute little girl to dress up today I have boys and teenaged boys at that but I have a blog with lots of fairies if you get time day come over. ~Wendy At Blissangels

A Blissful Nest said...

I did not know it was fairy day!! Too cute and so are all those little ones.

Unknown said...

such a fun idea-it is times like these that wish I had a little girl! BTW love you in your cute hat!