Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Nutcracker Tea

I hosted a Nutcracker Tea at the Tea Gardens on Sunday. I dressed up as Mother Ginger and the servers were ballerinas. The owner, Elda, just opened her newly expanded space and it was decorated like the Land of Sweets.
I took pictures of each table members and printed them so they could take them home.

We played Christmas Bingo and a relay race with gingerbread cookies. I placed tiny plastic gingerbread men on two cookie sheets and gave each team one spatula. They scooped up the cookies and ran down to the cooling rack and put the cookies on. First team to transfer all of the cookies to the rack wins!

I also read the Nutcracker Ballet story to the kids. For the favors, I had sequinned 6" Nutcracker ornaments, Christmas Tootsie Rolls in organza bags, red and green unicorn lollipops and candy cane Kisses all in a snowflake box.

Sorry I don't have very many pictures of everything, I was a bit busy :) Here I am with the servers. They are less than half my age and I think I look pretty good! (Please feed my ego, I'm going to be 45 in a few weeks!)




5 comments:

Rach said...

How special and fun! Love the theme details.

Mommy2CVC said...

You do look great!! I would have never guessed your age if you wouldn't have told. How can I find out about your events at the Tea Shoppe? Is there a list I can join? I live local.

Tristan Robin said...

The tea party looks like grand fun - and I especially like that you had Mother Ginger as a central figure ... I played Mother Ginger a few Christmases many years ago!

...oh! and you look mahhhvelous!!!

Anonymous said...

Great idea to be mother ginger, I would have never guessed your age you look great ! Thanks for all the wounderful ideas. Have a blessed Christmas and a fab. birthday-Dina

dana said...

Donna, you are just a BABY! If you were my age, you'd realize just how YOUNG you are! :)

Your Nutcracker Tea looks/sounds wonderful! Love the gingerbread man race idea!

Thanks for sharing the Rolo Cookie recipe!

I hope you had a fabulous Christmas...L, Dana