Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Halloween Wreath

Halloween is my favorite holiday! I don't think it's ever too early to decorate. I started decorating my porch last weekend and a neighbor teen thought it was weird to put decor out so early.
The frame, orange throw and polka dot pillow is from IKEA. The glittered skeleton is from the Dollar Tree.

My inspiration for my new wreaths came from a post on Tatertots and Jello. I decided to put my own twist on it and used a 3rd color, a polka dot ribbon and added spiders.

At first I was intimidated by making the flowers but they were quite easy. I just ripped strips of fabric, tied a knot in one end and started rolling and twisting the fabric and then hot glue them in place. I made a lot more so I can make a coordinating pillow for the bench. The Dollar Tree didn't have the bigger size foam wreath form, so I got these at JoAnn's. I used broadcloth that I bought at Beverly's and the furry spiders are from Pier 1. There is still more decorating to do but this is a good start.
How do you decorate your front porch?



15 comments:

Unknown said...

so cute! haven't even started decorating yet but looking forward to it!

Lori said...

Such a great front porch! Ikea pillow really cute. love that bench, great to have that much room.

CHS Creative Productions Blog said...

Very cute! I started to decorate last week and my family gave me such a hard time I put it away until this week, of course this week is here and who knows when I will have time now LOL

Jen@eighteen25 said...

so fun!! i love the way you have decorated your porch!!! love the ikea frame with the skeleton.. and the wreaths.. just perfect! it's all great!

jen@eighteen25

Sue said...

I think I could be happy living on your porch:)

Joanne Kennedy said...

I love Halloween so for me it's not to early. I like adding a little bit more each week until it's all done up. Your porch is darling!

Love the wreath!

Cap Creations said...

It all looks wonderful. Very inviting in a creepy sorta way. :)

Can you tell us about the bunting/banner. Did you make it?

Shell said...

Love the framed skeleton. I'm curious about your bench though. Is that fabric for outdoor use or do you store it? Thanks

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

I bought the bunting on etsy and it is made out of burlap. I have made several myself after purchasing this one.

Since I live in Los Angeles, there is no need for me to store outside furniture. The tolie fabric on the bench is Sunbrella fabric that I got at Ballard Designs a few years ago.

MJ said...

I love the wreath! So easy and it doesnt involve painting the actual wreath so it's re-usable :) I live in an apartment in London with no porch or a front door that would be safe to hang stuff from, but I love all the ideas... Now I just have to see how it all fits inside the apartment... LOL :) I'm also your newest follower!

Daphne said...

I LOVE your porch decor and I featured your wreaths on my blog today.

Here's the link:
http://moomootutu.blogspot.com/2010/09/welcome-trick-or-treaters-in-style.html

Thanks for the inspiration & have a happy day! :)

Letti said...

I wish I had a porch that big to decorate! I love the frame with the skeleton so cute. I am now a follower I love your blog :)

Enchanted Expectations said...

Love it all!

The Family That Plays Together said...

Your front porch is amazing! I love all of the transformations you come up with too. I had to share this Halloween version over at TheFamilyThatPlaysTogether.com

Hope you don't mind.

Jill @ Create.Craft.Love. said...

Found you through Pinterest! I love this porch layout and decoration! Just wanted to let you know that I am featuring it in a round up of halloween porches tomorrow on my blog (with link back of course). =)