Thursday, June 18, 2009

Graduate

On Wednesday, my oldest niece, Katherine, graduated from high school. She lives in a rural area and there were only 129 graduates. My son graduated from Junior High a few weeks ago and his class size was 692.
My mom, Kate, my sister Debbie and me.
Getting her diploma.
A lot of kids decorated their caps. I was fun to see the different styles.

Katherine decorated hers but it was upside down.


After the ceremony, we were invited to Kate's boyfriend's home. His parents had an amazing Tex-Mex buffet.
The top picture is of Kate and Weston in front of their 3 tiered topsy turvy cake.






8 comments:

Removalists Australia said...

Congratulations!

Allidink said...

Aw her cap is so cute! I can't imagine a class that small mine was 600 something too.

All the best,
Allison

Karin said...

Wow! 62 graduates? I grew up in MI and had 300! So glad too see a picture of your mom....now I can put a face on her :) Speaking of which, you should be getting something in the mail soon!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

We had 500 graduates and that was in '84. I have a friend that lived way down south in AZ and had 150 kids total in the entire school K - 12. That must have been interesting!

Such a lovely picture of all the girls! Your mom looks fabulous!

Have a great weekend.
Denise

dana said...

The photo of your mom and "her girls" is just wonderful---you all look beautiful. What an exciting time for everyone.

I have to say 129 sounds like a HUGE class. My graduating class had a whopping 54!!! :) The nice thing about a small class is that you have lots of opportunities to participate in lots of activities!! I did and it really made an impact on my life.

Hope you have a great weekend!! Dana

train the trainer Courses said...

Congratulations Kate!

Jen said...

Congrats to the Graduates.

candy said...

Hi
I found your blog from blog hopping today :)
Thought Id say Hi!
:) Candy