Monday, June 1, 2009

More Memories of Birthdays Past


Last year for Chasen's 10th birthday, we had a cupcake party.
The invitations were delivered with a red and white checked oven mitt from the dollar store and a wisk.

We invited the guests to a local cake deorating shop and they provided EVERYTHING!

I didn't have to bake one cupcake or make 20 different batches of frosting colors.

I did, however, buy everyone aprons and machine embroidered their names on them and gave the guests chef hats to wear.

The kids learned how to make "filled" cupcakes. Nanci, the shop's owner, taught them how to make faces, grass, spaghetti and meatballs and carmel apple cupcakes.
The kids took their decorating seriously!

They each took home 6 different cupcakes.
I couldn't resist buying myself a chef outfit!


It was a great stress-free party.


Look around your own neighborhood for businesses that offer different party themes.

10 comments:

Allidink said...

How fun and cute! Great idea I totally want a cupcake party LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Joanne Kennedy said...

What a fun idea! The bakery that I did a review on, Wonderland Bakery has parties like this only it's with cookies.

I love the idea of cupcakes even more, you know I'm a big cupcake fan!

This would also be a fun idea to do with the Brownies.

Hugs,
Joanne

Tristan Robin said...

those kids must have thought they were in frosting heaven!

dana said...

What fun! I love the idea of having the party at the bakery!! Bet the kids enjoyed that experience, too!

You look so cute with your kids---the outfit is great!! I'm impressed that you embroidered their names on the aprons! I'd love to have a machine that would do that. My DIL's best friend recently hosted a baby shower for her (yep. #2 will be her in a little over a month!). One of the guests also does the machine embroidery. She'd made all sorts of cute items for the baby (burp cloths, blankets, etc.) and put his name or initial on each one!

The Wizard of Oz party is Sat.. I've been assigned the jobs of creating ruby slippers and a "pin the heart on the tin man game"--so I'm off to do that today!

I'll stop!

Have a great day! L, Dana

Polka Dot Moon said...

YUM! You have the best party ideas EVER!

amy * stem * said...

Those invitations are killing me. Love them! What a fun party that you made even more special with your mad skillz.

Mwaaaah,
Amy

amy & lisa said...

What a fun party! And you embroidered all the aprons? You are one committed party planner! :)

DesignDazzle.blogspot.com said...

fun, adorable and creative as usual!
Toni

Tania McCartney said...

I love this party idea! Gorgeous.

I BLEED PINK said...

Cute blog! I love this cupcake theme party, I think this could be fun for adults too!