Sunday, October 18, 2009

Halloween Double Feature

On Friday night, we hosted a Halloween Party/Movie night. We served pizza, fruit, cookies and cupcakes. I had a craft for our guests: Halloween flashlight necklaces. They could be decorated as mummy, vampire, witch or a ghost. They can use them on Halloween night when they trick-or-treat.
I also had a couple of games. I put powdered donuts on strings and they had to eat them without using their hands. Powdered donuts are best because it get all over your face!

The second game was "Scary Mummy". They stuffed cheese balls in their mouths and say "Scary Mummy" after each one. One girl got 20 in her mouth before we couldn't understand her anymore. I also passed out glow-in-the-dark bracelets (15 for $1 at Michael's)
I used cupcake picks from Paper and Cake. Sorry the pictures are bad. I was very busy with the kids. :) We showed "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" first because we had little ones and they left before the next movie. At intermission, I made hot chocolate with Halloween marshmallow peeps. The final movie was "The Nightmare before Christmas".

I'm already planning for a Christmas movie get together. Last year, we showed "Elf" and decorated cookies.
Maybe I should just be concentrating getting my Halloween decor up :)

8 comments:

The Liberty Belle said...

I like your idea of using marshmallow peeps in hot chocolate and can't believe I didn't think of doing that! Good post!

Cottage Rose said...

Hi Donna; I am always amazed at the wonderful party ideas you come up with.... I want to come to one of them,,,,, I am a kid a heart does that count??? lol; every one is really having a great time. The powdered donut photo is so great!

Hugs;
Alaura

Joanne Kennedy said...

Oh how I dream of being at one of your parties! They are the best!

Love the movie night idea. I think next year I'm going to do those but for adults. Sounds like so much fun and a great way to get to decorate! Which of course is the best part of a party!

Hugs,
Joanne

Sugar & Spice Event Design said...

Great party... really cool ideas! Looks like real fun!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Okay first I love the vampire teeth on the fruit plate! And of course the marshmallow peep floating in what I'm sure was a fabulous hot chocolate!! You throw the BEST everything!!!

Allyson/HBMomof2 said...

What a cute party! I agree with Liberty, peeps in chocolate, what could be better? Love this idea, may have to steal for Valentine's, Christmas just seems too soon!

Anonymous said...

Will you provide some specifics on the flashlight craft? I'm thinking this would be a great idea for my church's Trunk or Treat. TIA

Polka Dot Moon said...

I've left you a well deserved award on my blog :)
Denise