Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Wicked Tea


On Monday, I got together with my tea group and we shared a witches tea. Marina made all of us some homemade pumpkin bread in these adorable wood baskets from Whole Foods.

Debbie and Sandy hosted the tea and they served pumpkin muffins, quiche, 2 kinds of salads, cucumber sandwiches and Fluffernutters (marshmallow fluff and peanut butter). We (kinda) had a costume contest. I came as Samantha Stevens from "Bewitched" and Marina had some very sparkly eyelashes and her cute witch outfit (she's not wearing her hat) so she won the prize. It was pumpkin bread mix, pumpkin butter and a framed picture of all of us at our Witches tea last year that I hosted.
For dessert, Sandy bought cupcakes from the Kupcake Kitchen (same baker of the fabulous Mad Hatter cupcakes last week). We had S'More and lemon raspberry...AMAZING!

Suzie brought all of us these pretty pink brooms and Suzanne gave us a beautiful Fall leaf dish towel from Pottery Barn.

Our next BIG tea is in December and we will also have a cookie exchange!

13 comments:

Rach said...

Oh my, how incredibly fun!!

my cup of tea said...

Love the costumes! The food looks and sounds wonderful!I would love to start a tea group! Did you know all these ladies before the tea group? How often do you meet?
~Blessings~
Donna

Hope said...

This looks like so much fun! I love the pink brooms...they complement your outfits so well :)

Polka Dot Moon said...

A lovely and bewitching group!! What fun!!

Tauni said...

What a fun event.
I LOVE the Halloween china the cupcake is sitting on. I have seen photos of it in a few magazines and have been looking for it everywhere...could you let me know where you purchased it or who the maker is?

Unknown said...

love the stripe stockings!

Joanne Kennedy said...

Very cute! So much so that I stole your idea (from last year) and I'm having my own Witches Tea party next week.

I'm starting out slowly with only four of us and then if that goes well, I'll add to the group of Wicked Women. LOL

Hugs,
Joanne

amy & lisa said...

Love the way you are all "dressed" up!! :) Looks like a fun party!

Sue said...

How FUN!!!

dana said...

You gals look adorable and all of the food looked so yummy!

Bonnie is hosting her 3rd Annual Witches Party of Saturday. I think there will be lots of cackling going on. . . and maybe a little spell or two!

Our trip to War Eagle was great...I'll post about it after I finish my next sale on the 30 and 31. Whew, then I'll have some breathing time before the very last one of the season! I'm really getting sick of it! :)

L, Dana

Melissa Lester said...

What a fun, creative group of women you have to enjoy tea with. Looks like this party was lots of fun -- or should I say wickedly fun?

Jill said...

Found you through Polka Dot Moon. LOVE this fun girl get-together. Y'all look "bewitching".

The Vintage Rabbit said...

What a fun thing to do..You are always doing something fun!!!


smiles, Joy!