Friday, October 9, 2009

Spooky Disneyland

On Monday, I took my kids to Disneyland. Disneyland during Halloween is my favorite! They transform many of the attractions into Halloween themes. Space Mountain has ghosts in the Cosmos and the Haunted Mansion (although creepy all year long) turns into a combo of Christmas and Halloween thanks to the movie "The Nightmare Before Christmas". A lot of people dress up, especially to kids, but we found this cow joining in on the fun at Big Thunder Ranch. Ever see a cow in a pink organza skirt? Me either.
This is a mantle all decorated at Big Thunder Ranch.

Matt decided to sit in on a poker game between 2 pumpkin cowboys but soon found out that they were cheating, so he left the game.
Here is Jack Skellington and Sally out for a buggy ride.

They have pumpkin carvers on the premises demonstrating their art. So many amazing creations!

Sheridan even tried on this beautiful pumpkin crown.

There are a lot of great photo ops in Disneyland. I especially like to vintage feel of this one, also at Big Thunder Ranch.
Doesn't the Haunted Mansion look great at night?

Main Street is so festive with pumpkins and banners adorning every window and ledge.

Disney put on a new Halloween themed firework show at Cinderella's castle. It was fantastic! Jack Skellington's dog, Zero, flew across the night sky as they played music from all of the Disney villians and shot up the most amazing fireworks. Matthew and I just marvel at how they put on such amazing shows every night and I just think about how they store all of the decor and catagorize it. Mind boggling!

5 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

Do you guys have passes? If so, we must meet up there one day. That would be fun!

Are you going to the Trick or Treat night at CA Adventure? We are going on the 23rd. I'm normally excited about going to that but this year it is the night before Trinity's big Halloween party so I'm wishing it was another day.

I have not seen the fireworks for Halloween yet. I almost went tonight but then didn't. Now I want to go. Maybe this week.

Glad you guys had so much fun!

Are you doing any Halloween parties?

Big hugs
Joanne

Unknown said...

I love Disneyland at Halloween & Christmas-if we lived in California I would go all the time! We went in March this year with friends but I missed love Disney goes all out for the holidays! Maybe Santa will bring me an early present & we can go for Christmas!

Nishant said...

I'm normally excited about going to that but this year it is the night before Trinity's big Halloween party so I'm wishing it was another day.


Work From Home

Sarah said...

We went last night (fri) and watched the fireworks, or tried to anyway..it was horribly crowded so I think we're going to try to go again on a weeknight.
Thank goodness for passes!!
Oh and yes, this time of year Disney is decorated so amazing! I love all the jack o'lanterns in the windows on Main Street, so pretty!

Jamie @ Giggledust Parties said...

Disney World is one of my favorite spots for party inspiration and Halloween is one of the best times to be there. We have made the trip from PA to FL three times in the past seven years to enjoy the Halloween season at Disney!