Sunday, October 4, 2009

Vineyard Wedding

I had the honor and pleasure of being the day-of coordinator of a dear family friend. The bride, Anna, used to babysit my kids and her mom, Dana, used to babysit me! I grew up across the street form the Hansen family. Dana was the oldest, Lisa, Mark (I went to my prom with him) and Juli, my best friend I would spend ALL day playing Barbies with. I feel like part of their family!
Anna married a fireman at a beautiful vineyard in Camarillo, CA. It was the last wedding of their season and they will be harvesting the grapes next week. It was a GORGEOUS fall day in southern California-sunny with a gentle, cool breeze. Above the fireplace, Ann put together wedding pictures of her and her groom's family, Parents, grandparents and great-grandparents and called it Generations of Love.

The bride's mother made the wedding cake and it sat on a barrel from the vineyard.

At 5:30 Thursday morning, Dana, Anna and I went downtown LA to the flower mart to buy all of the flowers for the wedding and Anna did all of the arrangements herself. The centerpieces consisted of wood planks that the groom cut, glass cylinders with decorative rock and floating candles, flowers in a square bowl and table cards made by the bride (she is a graphic designer). It was all surrounded by votives.

It was a perfect day and I loved being party of their celebration. I will try to post more pictures this week.




5 comments:

Angie said...

It looks like it turned out perfect!

SarahJarnagin said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I love the cake on the barrel and all the little details. Gorgeous!

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a gorgeous place to be wed!!! And with you helping out....what could be better?!!!

Cottage Rose said...

What a gorgeous place to get married.. I would have been a little nervous where the cake was setting though....lol What a talented family,, love all the photos.. how neat that her mom sat for you and you sat for her daughter.... and went to the prom with her son,,, sounds like a book in the making....lol have a great week

Hugs;
Alaura

Nishant said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I love the cake on the barrel and all the little details. Gorgeous!
Work From Home