Friday, October 17, 2008

Fairy Pink Saturday

I love being a children's party planner. One of my favorite party is my Enchanted Fairy party.
I made the fairy tree centerpiece. It was a plain, white metal tree until I got a hold of it! I painted is green and then sprinkled glitter on it. I glued pink roses on it and hung them in the glass candle holders. I tied pink silk ribbon on the branches along with fairies dangling from the tree. There is also a robin's nest in the center of the tree and the fairies are guarding the eggs.

The centerpiece also has a moss and fern covered branch running through the center of the table dotted with pink hydrangeas. The table also has a healthy dose of glitter sprinkled all over it!
I love the porcelain fairies scattered about the table. There are also giant pink polka dotted mushrooms sprouting up under the tree.
The pink petaled placemats hold Mary Cicely Barker plates. I spray painted the willow napkin rings green and then glued on hydrangea petals on it along with a sprinkling of glitter.
The girls get to dress up in flower-petalled tulle skirts, pink fairy wings and flower garland head bands. The little fairies go on a scavenger hunt and pop bubbles with their butterfly wands. They hear a fairy story and make candy necklaces. It is such a magical party!

Please check out the other Pink Posts at How Sweet the Sound.

25 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

OH MY - What an enchanting party! You did a beautiful job with the decorations!! How fun for little girls :)

Stacey said...

What fun it must be to be a little girl at the fairy party! How delightful and enchanting... and PINK! Happy Pink Saturday! :-) Stacey

Anonymous said...

Very cute! Happy Pink Saturday!

SmilingSally said...

Oh, you're GOOD. Happy Pink Saturday! I'm giving away a BOX of new books. Come enter.

Anonymous said...

Donna, I wish I could attend one of your parties. They are enchanting.

Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful party!!! I wish I was there to be your assistant!
I'm looking forward to your photos of your Witches Tea!!!
I had to hide the teeth--my DIL loved them!!!
Happy PSat! dana

One Shabby Old House said...

You do such a lovely job and it looks like so much fun. This was incredible.
Happy Pink Saturday
Becky

Fleur de Bee said...

How magical!!!!! I want to come to one of your parties!! Beautiful job!

Happy PINK Sat to you!

Katie said...

Wow what a great party, so magical! Happy Pink Saturday!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Happy Pink Saturday sweet Donna! The Fairy party is just breath taking and adorable!!! Great pictures of the cuties fairies I have even seen!

Love your new banner!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

I love your PINK fairies! Adorable!

~ Gabriela ~

Kim's Cottage said...

Too cute! How truly enchanting! The girls were in hog heaven I'm sure.

Happy Pink Saturday!

K-

Unknown said...

What a great idea for a party! I saw some of those cute little fairies on a tree in San Antonio for the first time.
Diane

Virginia said...

What an enchanting party Beautiful. Happy Pink Saturday!
~Virginia

imjacobsmom said...

What a sweet party! I bet it is a ton of fun to plan children's parties. Have a Happy Pink Saturday and weekend. ~ Robyn

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Now this is my kind of party...your fairy party look like so much fun...The decorations were just beautiful...I know my grand daughters would have loved it...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Sherri said...

How sweet, Do I have to be a little girl to have a party like this??

Protector of Vintage said...

Such a lovely pink fairy party you created!! Take care~

KatCollects said...

My Daughter would have loved this party when she was younger, so creative and beautiful!
Kathy

FrenchGardenHouse said...

This is such a sweet party, and it all looks wonderful! I bet each and every girl loves this.
xo Lidy

Kim said...

Hi Donna,

I'm still making my Pink Saturday rounds and wanted to stop by for a visit. Loved seeing pictures of your enchanted fairy party. Any little girl who could attend one of your parties should count her self as being very lucky. What a beautiful job you did creating such a fairyland.

Happy Belated Pink Saturday !!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

gosh.. that is a beautiful fairy party! and this is My daughter dream party.. Have a great week!

Jorgelina said...

Hi!
I love your pink fairies!
Adorable!

said...

How charming! Lovely memories built in to your parties, I'm sure. :o)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Beautiful photo of the little girls!