Monday, October 20, 2008

Light the Night


Chasen, Sheridan and I had the honor of joining Team Evan at the Light the Night event at Bridgeport Park. Evan Gabor is my neighbors nephew who is only 3 with Leukemia. Light The Night is the nation’s night to pay tribute and bring hope to thousands of patients battling blood cancers and to commemorate loved ones lost.

They served dinner from Stone Fire Grill and had a bounce house for the kids. They announced they would give you a pint of ice cream for a pint of your blood. The kids thought that was a great idea, so I went to sign up. I filled out lots of paperwork and went to have my vitals taken. I was too anemic to donate blood! I guess I better start taking some supplements!

We held red balloons lit from inside. White balloons were those who had survived cancer and the gold ones were for those we have lost. We were cheered on by the Valencia High cheerleaders and they recognized Sheridan from the day before.
Please consider giving a donation on my webpagehttp://www.active.com/donate/ltnLosAn/2387_donnasue65

2 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

wow very neat to see...How amazing to have children that wanted to participate and be there. THAT IS GREAT.
Wendy

Polka Dot Moon said...

Donna,
I think that it's wonderful for you and your family to participate in this event! My heart breaks when I hear of the little ones battling cancer. He will be added to my prayers.

My husband is participating in the LIVESTRONG Cancer ride in Austin this weekend. We wanted to join him, but will be cheering him on from home.
Denise