Friday, October 10, 2008

Pink Saturday-Tea Time!

For my daughter's first birthday, I threw her a tea party. For the invitation, I took sepia-toned pictures of her playing with a tea set. So naturally, we have been helping her collect tea sets- most of them are pink! Now for a tour of the tea cabinet!

This is a picture of Sheridan and I at her 1st birthday party.


This is a hand painted set with a picture of her first birthday with 4 generations of girls!



This is a view of the top of her tea cabinet. I believe the tea set is Franciscan.



The picture of the tea pot in the background is made from Sheridan's handprint.


The Old Country Roses set matches my own set!



I'm off to have a spot of tea! Go and visit all of the other pink lovelies at


How Sweet the Sound hosted by the lovely Beverly!


I appreciate each and every one of your comments!


Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog. I really enjoy visiting all of yours out there in Blogland. I feel I have a whole new set of friends! :)

17 comments:

Sherri said...

How cute is she at her tea party! Love the hat, it is just perfect. What a wonderful tradition to have for her

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

oh lucky girl! that is such a cute tea party.. and awesome collection of tea sets..happy pink saturday! thanks for sharing.

SmilingSally said...

Your Sheridan is a lovely pink princess. I'm giving away 3 free books, so be sure to stop by. Happy Pink Saturday!

Jorgelina said...

Hi!!!
Beautiful! beautiful!
The old porcelain enchants to me. Pretty celebration you.
A greeting

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna.

You and your daughter are beautiful. How wonderful to have your own little one to do fun things for. She is going to treasure these tea sets.

Katie said...

What wonderful pictures and memories for you sweet little girl! Happy Pink Saturday!

Kathy said...

What a sweet party and a precious little girl! My daughter did a pink tea party for her daughter's third birthday. Little girls are such fun!
Happy Pink Saturday...Kathy

Kim said...

Hi Donna,

What a lucky little girl your daughter is. Her collection of tea sets is lovely. Thank you for sharing all the lovely photos today.

Kim

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

What a sweet little lady and I love the picture of you and her from her 1st party. Happy Pink Saturday! Hugs, Bobbi Jo-AZ

Leslie said...

Darling!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty collection! Happy belated pink saturday!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Donna, what great Pink Saturday post pictures! Your Sheridan looks so pretty in pink.
Love, Ann

Stephanie said...

I'm going to put on a pot of tea right now!! I adore the pretty little girl teasets. Wonderful!!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I always thought Sheridan was a pretty name. What to do with all my tea sets! I had 3 boys :)

Anonymous said...

YOU are the bestest mommy for all of the wonderful little special touches you add to EVERYTHING you do! That little invitation is just too darned precious!! I just love it alllllll! Dana

KatCollects said...

This was such a sweet pink post, your Daughter is adorable, love all the tea sets.
Kathy

Virginia said...

You and your daughter are just beautiful.
Happy belated Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia