Monday, January 12, 2009

Bowling Birthday Bash

I turned 44 on Sunday, January 11th, and my sweet girlfriends took me to Lucky Strike Bowling Alley and Lounge in Hollywood. What a super fun time we had! We ordered drinks and appetizers-Coconut Shrimp and Artichoke Spinach dip with pita chips. For dinner, we had mini cheeseburgers, tomato and cheese smores and turkey and brie sandwiches. We bowled for 2 hours, I opened some wonderful presents and we enjoyed some cake pops that I had made. See below for how I made them. After bowling, we took a stroll around the block to look at stars on the Walk of Fame and to Mann's Chinese theater to see the hand and foot prints in cement. What a wonderful birthday! Thank you so, so much ladies! I love you very much and count my blessings everyday that I have such wonderful friends!




Roaming Hollywood Blvd.-it was about 73 degrees outside.
I'm not sure why Debbie had a coat on!


Ready to bowl-baby! Those are giant tv screens over the lanes. They had the USC/UCLA basketball game on. I really wish they would have had the Golden Globes on. Good thing I recorded the show!

Tomato and cheese s'mores

Midi bacon cheddar burgers. They go great with martinis as well as beer.

Marina very happy about her spare!

Here are the cake balls that I made. I got the recipe from Bakerella.
I used chocolate cake (my fav) and they were very fun to make!


I made some tags on the computer and cut them into strips.


I punched holes in the end and tied them with ribbon onto the cello bag with the cupcake pop inside.

My friends ate them up! I even handed them out to our waitress and the totally cute guy behind the shoe counter. :)

13 comments:

Brenda said...

What a fun night! The treats looks so yummy!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Happy Birthday Donna Dear!!!! Wow, looks like you had the time of your life out with the girls!!! Your Thank You's are adorable! Oh, you are so much fun! My Granddaughter Hailey's birthday was yesterday to! I will post pics of her Birthday Tea Party soon. My daughter did a sweet job on it! Were your ears burning this weekend? We were talking about you and the fabulous parties you put on!!!

Big Hugs,
Maryjane

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I CAN'T believe it...I was just at Bakerella wondering how to make the pops? A cake pan? What?
Happy Birthday to you!!!!

Pink Slippers said...

Happy Birthday...and so sweet you gave a little special something to your friends.

Jorgelina said...

Very fun!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It looked like you gals had a blast on your birthday!! You shared EVERYTHING about that night but your SCORE!! :)

Thost "pops" looked so cute--just like that photo of you and your sweet friends!!

Dana

Femin Susan said...

Hi..
Happy Birthday. What a fun night!

MixMingleGlow said...

Cute girls night! You did a fantastic job. Who wouldn't want to be invited to THAT party?? :)

Country Romantic said...

Your treats are beautiful. You are very creative. Can't wait to see more of your creations.

I enjoy giving tea parties also. I owned a Tea Room a few years ago with my Mother and it was so much fun.

The Masked Mommy said...

Ok, the cake balls you made were absolutely adorable! :-)

Polka Dot Moon said...

What a wonderful group of friends you have! Looks like a ton of fun was had and I have to say those Cake Lolli's look delightful!

I found another blogging friend (Lori @ Morningglories and Moonflowers) that shares our birthday as well! Such a small world :)

Glad your birthday was fabulous!
Denise

Anonymous said...

Donna,
Looks like you all had a Fun-tastic Day for your Birthday...:)
Katherinllen

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

What a fun party! You are so much like me... I have to make party favors and sometimes even the cake for my own parties! ha. My friends are NOT creative and if I want something pretty, I just do it myself and of course everyone loves it. ha!