Friday, January 2, 2009

Pink Rose Float Saturday & My 100th Post!

Happy New Year! I am so excited to have my 100th post on the first Pink Saturday of the new year! On Friday, my friend Sandy and I went to view the Rose Parade floats. I haven't been this close to the floats since I was a little girl in the early 70's when my grandma lived in Pasadena. They are truly amazing up close! I took over 200 pictures but this is just a sampling... {WARNING: Montrous post-but worth it! There is a surprise at the end--SSSHHHHH!!!}
Here is Asimo-he opened the parade on Thursday.
(click on the images to see larger)

Here are the drive-in movie pups.

They are watching this green moster come to life!

(Those are brussel sprouts on top of his head!)

This is where the driver sits.

I think I'll have flowers like these at my

daughter's wedding...in 20 years :) The detail is just incredible on this little fox. Lots of people on a very foggy morning. We just order the spectacular weather for New Year's Day to make everyone else jealous! This is what California looks like everyday...honest. This zebra even has eyelashes!
Check out the seeds and berries on this dragonfly. I just LOVE fairies!
This is the Vera Bradley float. The purses didn't even look like they were made out of floral material. They looked like giant bags! Aren't these swans and orchids gorgeous? I wanted to take this arrangement home!
LOVE the White Rabbit!
Classic--Roadrunner and Coyote. My kids have started watching these old cartoons. They are just the best!
These beautiful sea life creatures were on the Surf City USA float.

The starfish detail is white beans.

Look at all of the blue Irises!!!
Fun Surfing Family
The Alaskan float
The detail on the dogs is incredible! That's Pompus grass to make the dogs look fluffy.
These puffins are so cute!
This is me in front of the Wizard of Oz float.
More Pompus grass
Godzilla was attacking the crowd.
But there was no running and screaming!




This float won the Sweepstakes Trophy. It was AMAZING!!!!
Check out those orchids!

To give you an idea of scale, those are oranges in the orange lining.

Remember the skateboarding dog?
He was there for a demo.
The next few pictures are for Dana at The Stone Rabbit
who is also celebrating her 100th post today!

This is a REAL cottontail rabbit!

For Dana's Granddaughter
Thank you so much for stopping by and celebrating my 100th post with me!
In honor of this momentous occasion, I am having a giveaway!
Since I love tea and I love parties,
I will supply a small tea party (for one) for the winner!
Please leave a comment before Sunday night at 10:00 pm PT and I will announce the winner on Monday. Don't forget to check out more great pink post by stopping by Beverly's.

32 comments:

Cottage Rose said...

Hey congratulations on your 100 post coming up. I love all the photos of the floats, so beautiful. I would love to be able to see it in person some year. How great would that be.

Have a great weekend.

Hugs;
Alaura

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! Somehow I missed that YOU were celebrating your 100th Post today, too!!! How fun is this!

Well, those floats are spectacular! I thought of you when I watched bits and pieces of the Parade--just wondered if you had attended. So, the floats are left for folks to get up close and look at them the day AFTER the parade? What a wonderful opportunity that is--to be able to really LOOK at them and see the incredible workmanship that goes into creating them!! I just loved em all---well I REALLY loved the rabbit at the end (taken for ME!! big old grin on my face right this moment!) and the huge Abby Cadabby for my little Grand Girl!! I will send your link on to her mom and dad so they can show her the A. Cadabby Float! I also loved that photo of you--just darling!

Congrats on YOUR blogging milestone, Donna! I have so enjoyed your posts--you are one of the most creative and energetic folks I know! You provide so much fun and inspiration for us!

Happy 100th and Happy Pink Sat! Dana
Oh, and YOU are officially entered in my drawing! :)

GiGi said...

What beautiful pictures and congrats on your 100 POST!!! The floats are amazing!!!

SmilingSally said...

Congratulations on your 100th post. What a special trip! I'll bet you can still smell those flowers. Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Day.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Amazing post!

~ Gabriela ~

Anonymous said...

Wow! 100 posts! I am at 41, but since I started in late October and have already posted 41 times, I will have to contemplate that 100th post thing sooner than later! What fun! Love the parade they threw in your honor! LOL! Happy Pink Saturday and 100th Post! Yay!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

My first pink Saturday... Happy Pink Saturday!
Congrats on your 100th post!

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Oh yes!...this is an eyefull! How lucky you were to be that close to the floats. I watched most of the parade and saw many of what you posted...hard to believe it's all flowers!

Congratulations on you 100th post...may you have many, many more!

Hugs,
Deborah

Amy said...

wow 100th post , congrats!! I love the pics from the rose bowl parade. I have been watching it for quite a few years. my grandmother started that tradition with me...thanks for sharing and happy pink Saturday to ya

Kay said...

Your photos are great! I have always wanted to see the Rose Parade in person, but alas I'm from Penn State country and must be content to watch on TV.

Congratulations on your 100th post.

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Donna.

We love the Rose Parade in our home, and we watch it every year. How awesome that you were able to see the floats up close. Thank you so much for sharing the experience with us.

Congratulations on your milestone post. You always share your talent with us.

pinkkandy said...

wow that was a long post....it is beautiful what they can do with flowers

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!

Those parade pics are awesome! Wish I could see one of the parades in person one day!


Diane

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the photos of the floats. They are so beautiful!

imjacobsmom said...

I bet that was something to be so up close and personal to the floats. I bet everything smelled incredible. It is amazing the things that can be done with vegetation. Congrats on your 100th post and Happy Pink Saturday! ~ Robyn

Anonymous said...

I love all your photos..I can't imagine how much more beautiful they are in person. I love best..Wiley and the Roadrunner. I still laugh at the cartoon.. Congratulations on your 100th post. Happy pinks and have a wonderful week.

Jorgelina said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!
Congrats on your 100th post! Beautiful pictures.
Hugs

Betty said...

Oh Wow, Oh Wow!! I can't believe I forgot to watch the Rose Parade this year. Your pictures are awesome. I love that Vera Bradley float!! Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful pink weekend! Happy 100th too!!

Unknown said...

First of all...Congrats on the 100th post!! Second of all...OMGosh.....I have just died & gone to flower heaven!!! As a florist, this is something I would love to see, I watch the parade on TV..but your photos show so much more detail. I'm sure in person they must have been just breathtaking!!

The Muse said...

First...accept my apologies for arriving late ;)

Second...whoa super congrats on the posting of 100! I'm almost there...

Third...holy moly...cool beans...what fab fotos!

Fourth...sincere gratitude for visiting my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is just stupendous. I can't imagine what it's like to see them up close and personal. Must just knock your socks off. And you were so sweet to think of Dana and the stone rabbit. I know she got a kick out of that. I was really in awe of the Vera pocketbooks. Happy Belated Pink Saturday and New Year. xo Lynn P.S. Love the give-away Donna.

Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Wow, Donna! You took soooo many great photos of the parade, it was as if I was there with you! Congrats on the 100th post and don't you know that I would LOVE to have one of your tea parties! Maybe we could FINALLY get together!

Ellen said...

First of all congrats on your 100th post and I think you posted 100 pics. Must have taken you 100 hours to post them all. I loved being this close to the parade from Massachusetts. And I hope your wedding dreams come true in 20 years. :)Ellen

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Donna, I thoroughly enjoyed your post. Love all the pretty pictures. What a fabulous parade. I must say, I thought that was a Vera Bradley looking float before I read that it was. I love Vera Bradley.
And what a fabulous giveaway. I would love to win anything to do with tea! Congratulations on your 100th post. I have 14 more to go.

pink hugs, Ellen

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Happy 100th post Donna!!!! How exciting! Glad you were able to get down and see the floats! Great pictures!!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane

said...

Congrats on your 100th post Donna! Your photos of the parade are truly breathtaking. I can't imagine how overwhelming (in a good way) it must have been in real life!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 100th post!!!
I enjoyed looking at your pics of the parade. I got to see more of how they are made with the different flowers.
Judy

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

I feel like I was there at the Rose Parade. The floats are amazing.....
Congratulations on your 100 post...
Happy New Year...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! And thank you so much for the amazing pictures of the parade up close and personal. I loved each and every one.

Lisa

Diana Meade said...

Thank you for the photos of the floats. I slept through the parade this year and now I am reminded not to make that mistake again. These up close and personal photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing. And congrats on your milestone. I am just starting and 100 posts seem a long way away.

Anonymous said...

Hi I just discovered your blog, and I also went to see the Parade on new Years Day and it sure was spectacular.
Susie

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Found you via Joys blog. LOVE the floats!!! What wonderful photos you took! You could do a whole collage of these. What fun! I am amazed at the materials and the creativity the desingers used to make these beauties. Glad I found your blog. It is fun.
Tammy ;D