Monday, January 5, 2009

My Word for 2009

The word I have picked to be my inspiration word is...ORGANIZED.
I always dream of labeled boxes and wood floors with no crumbs or smears.
A place for everything and everything in it's place.
We are a household of ADHD people. My oldest son is very high functioning Autistic and my red-head is, well, we call im the "Energizer Bunny". He just keeps going and going!
I know my family will function better and be much happier if we were more organized.
I have already organized my master bathroom with cute baskets and threw out so many half empty lotions bottles I had lost count! My husband helped me with the garage but it has far to go. Instead of hording things to list on ebay (something I have said I would do for 3 years) I am just donating it and not looking back!
I can feel it that this year, I WILL get organized! I am willing to take baby steps and not get burned out. I would also love for my husband and I to create a Living Trust. I would also like to have an inventory of our home and a stocked home emergency kit in case of any disaters (aka earthquakes) Things you want to be prepared for but really don't like to think about.
Please check out Tip Junkie for others "words". I hope I have inspired you to come up with your own.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Organized is my 2009 "word" too! My son also has ADHD and they more organized and scheduled I make the household, the better he seems to function (plus, it keeps me from being "crazy mommy"!)

Good luck in 2009!

Polka Dot Moon said...

That's my word too! And exercise, and simplify! And read more, and use my cookbooks more, and be more creative, and.......

Jeez.........guess I have a lot of work to do this year!

Happy New Year!
Denise

Tara Bennett said...

Great word. here's to a 2009 that is organized!!!

Unknown said...

I have been attempting to get organized myself. As a Mom of 2 yr old twins and a 7yr old, I find my life gets completely out of control if I don't have some organization.
Unfortunately the kids seem to UNORGANIZE things as fast as I organize!
Good luck.
ps. I enjoyed reading through your blog :)