Thursday, January 29, 2009

Purple Makeover

When my daughter was 2 we moved to a bigger home. I decorated her room in Shabby Chic- Pink & Green. I'm a lover of pink, as you know, but my daughter, not so much. Well, maybe the pink but NOT the green. She is a purple girl. I recently re-did her brothers rooms and now it is her turn. She wanted purple with pink accents. I was a bit hesitant at first but I must say the color is growing on me!

The color on the left is from Lowe's and it's called Sassy Lilac. It was the first color I chose and Sheridan loved it. Not quite convinced, I ordered some samples through the Pottery Barn website. They are Benjamin Moore paints...the middle is Lily Lavender and the one on the right is Lavender Lipstick.
The Sassy Lilac is on the wall the Lily Lavender on her bed. At first, I was going to paint the bed white with white bookcases on either side of the bed. But with the bedding being mostly white, I decided to paint the bed Lilac Lavender. The pink on there is French Pink from Home Depot.

I want to paint the ceiling a soft grey. It's a lot harder to pick than the purple!I had a portrait of Sheridan done a few years ago in a fairy outfit.
It just happens to be purple, so it will be hung over her bed.
Doesn't it look great on the purple wall?
Should I paint the frame silver?

Here is the bedding I got from Layla Grayce website.

The brand is Pine Cone Hill.
It has Sheridan's purple and my cottage style.
I thought it was a good comprimise.

The bed skirt and one of the Euro shams is in the stripe and the quilt, curtains and other Euro sham is in the toile. The curtains are a bit sheer, so I will be adding a black out fabric to give them a little more weight. I might also make another set of panels in eyelet to go with these.


Here is a bookcase I got off of ebay. The seller just happens to be 25 minutes from my house so I can pick them up and save on shipping costs.

We will be cleaning everthing out of her room this weekend and hopefully painting next weekend. I'll keep you posted on the progress!




8 comments:

Brenda said...

I have to say that I am a pink type of girl as well, but that purple is really pretty!

We are planning on redoing my son's room this year - he is turning nine & I haven't changed it (except for new bed, etc) since he was 2!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Purple is my favorite color and I have to say her room looks gorgeous as does everything you do!!!

Pink Slippers said...

The colors you choose are beautiful. My oldest daughter Sophia (4 yrs old) loves purple too. It's hard because I want all her things pink. The fairy picture you have is just perfect for your daughter's new room. So sweet! I just bought that same heart wreath from Michael's for over my bed. It's really pretty.

Joanne Kennedy said...

I think her room is going to be very pretty in the purples and pinks. What a great book case you got and at such a great price.

I think I would paint the frame. I think it would make it pop just a little more. Love the picture.

Hugs,
Joanne

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a pretty room this is going to be! The bedding is just to die for ~ you can't beat toile ~ I just did pink/green toile on my kitchen chairs!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Anonymous said...

I used to not be a fan of purple either. When my younger sister went to TCU for college our family became purpled out! It is a great color and its not too entirely femimine -- those who think it is should just walk around a TCU football game where all the guys are sporting their team colors!

The Muse said...

oh how wonderful for her...she is going to love her room!

Anonymous said...

omg! lily lavender?we bought a house and that is the colour of my room it looks beautiful! i was actually having second thoughts but now my room iis painted im gonna go see it in the afternoon and may i say that the room is absolutely gorgeous!